Standard Cultivation Licence
A standard cultivation licence allows you to possess and obtain dried or fresh cannabis, cannabis plants or cannabis seeds by propagating, cultivating, and harvesting. For the purpose of testing, you may alter the chemical or physical properties of the cannabis by any means.
This licence allows you to:
- sell and distribute dried cannabis, fresh cannabis, cannabis plants or seeds to other licence holders (cultivators, processors, analytical testers, researchers, licenced cannabis users), except dried cannabis or fresh cannabis cannot be sold to the holder of a nursery licence. You can sell and distribute cannabis plants or seeds to a licensed nursery.
- sell and distribute cannabis products that are plants or seeds to a licence holder that is authorized to sell cannabis for medical purposes or to a person authorized to sell cannabis under a provincial or territorial Act.
- send and deliver cannabis products that are plants or seeds to the purchaser at the request of a licence holder that is authorized to sell cannabis for medical purposes, or to a person authorized to sell cannabis under a provincial or territorial Act.
- to conduct ancillary activities such as drying, trimming, milling, etc.
A licensed standard cultivator has the ability to:
- (1) expand to the size of the land you have and the supplemental energy requirements;
- (2) provide a diversified environment for a number of skilled job seekers including individuals in agriculture;
- (3) be able to tie into other licence classes on the same site, giving the holder flexibility in the competitive market1;
- (4) bring in cannabis plants and cannabis plant seeds into the operation that have not been attained under the former or upcoming regulations;
- (5) supply a wide variety of cannabis products to the medical and recreational market.2
2 Note: Requires the standard cultivator to have a sales licence in order to sell and distribute accordingly